Friday, August 19, 2011

learning curve....

this past week i have had mixed emotions of feeling inspired and also feeling a little demotivated.  i have been looking at some amazing photographers work, which has made me want to push myself to the limit to take my photography to the next level, and then i also have to be careful to not to get to the place of feeling a little useless because I'm not at the place i would like to be in the standard of my photography at the moment.

i hope i am not the only one who feels like this every once in a while?

but then after listening to an amazing interview with Jasmine Star on TWIT TV, i started to remember what i was doing and why i was doing it.  i am passionate about what i do, and even tho i am not in the place i would like to be, i am on a learning curve, taking every experience i have as a teaching one, even from the mistakes i have made.  and the one thing i can't change, but makes my work different from every one's elses, is me.  as Jasmine says, K.I.R…Keep It Real.....hahahaha, maybe a little cheesy but the one thing that makes your work unique is YOU. and that is the one thing you can be confident in.

so on that note..i am pushing myself to go the furthest i can go.

thank you Jasmine for making me realize this and helping me get my head back on straight and inspiring me again! :)

in the midst of it all i have been absolutely swamped in doing the day job and editing 4 photo shoots at the moment, but thank goodness for Lightroom! can't wait to finally get most of the editing done and post them up here!  hopefully in the next couple of days! :)


one thing that i am extremely excited about coming up in the next couple of months is getting to see Coldplay live for the first time at Cape Town Stadium.  Can't wait as Coldplay has been one of my favourite bands for like...forever! :)


Enjoy!