Sunday, January 23, 2011

little wing....

my hubby loves his music and recently we watched a program called the seven ages of rock.  just watching it made me fall in love with the 1970s and the music scene then. one of my faves was the episode about jimi hendrix, what an amazing but also sad and tragic life.  a song of his i could listen over and over to at the moment is "little wing".  

i have added corinne bailey rae's cover version of this song as she seems to put such raw emotion in the song.

thought this song would also present nicely some pics that i took of my friend Jenna las week.  she asked me to do some head shots of her for castings (jenna is a dancer/performer).  below is what we finished up with :)


Well, she's walking through the clouds,
With a circus mind that's running wild,
Butterflies and Zebras,
And Moonbeams and fairy tales.
That's all she ever thinks about.
Riding with the wind.

When I'm sad, she comes to me,
With a thousand smiles she gives to me free.
It's alright, she says it's alright,
Take anything you want from me,
Anything.
Fly on little wing.